The Mirror

The tassel’s worth the hassle

By KARA BATTAGLIA

The SPASH class of 2018 has received their cap and gowns and are now just waiting until May 27 to receive their diplomas.

As April ends and May begins, seniors are realizing that their four years of high school are wrapping up. Between senior pictures, picking up the graduation gown, applying to scholarship after scholarship, stressing over exams, and battling senioritis, many have pondered on a survey about what they have done and what they are proud of.

There were a variety of answers such as, “I got into college,” “3.8 GPA,” “Valedictorian,” “Not failing,” and many more. It is good to see that they are proud of themselves, this a big achievement.

Almost everyone has expectations about their senior year, thinking, “This year will be a breeze!” The majority of seniors replied to the question “What could have made your senior year better?” with the answer “Less stressful classes.”

Another reply to that same question was, “No advisory.” Many think that the new advisory class is useless for seniors as most have a good idea of what they will be doing after high school. Although it is a requirement, it may be a better option just for sophomores and juniors.

High school. Those two words can bring out the best and the most tragic memories in anyone’s life. For the class of 2018 at SPASH, it seems as though their senior year will bring out the best moments; most said this year was the best for them.

The future looks bright for the SPASH class of 2018. Seniors, dream big, work hard, stay focused, and surround yourselves with good people.

104 total views, 2 views today

9 Comments

9 Responses to “The tassel’s worth the hassle”

1. Alyssa Schroeckenthaler on May 11th, 2018 12:17 PM

This was a nice article. It’s crazy to think that you guys are done already. It scares me more to think that next year will be my last year. I like the various answers you had from people. It was a nice reflection. Also, I agree too that advisory is better for juniors and sophomores.

[Reply]

2. Will Carroll on May 11th, 2018 12:27 PM

It was really cool hearing other seniors thoughts and opinions on this year.

[Reply]

3. Dylan Trigg on May 11th, 2018 12:29 PM

Senior year is right around the corner for me and I hope it goes as good as yours seemed to have gone. The part about the stressful classes is right for every grade!

[Reply]

4. Kacey Koch on May 11th, 2018 12:33 PM

I definitely think that my senior year was the best! I’m so excited to graduate though and this was fun to read.

[Reply]

5. Hannah Siegel on May 11th, 2018 12:35 PM

This was a cool article, its crazy to think the years almost done for you guys. I liked how you took a survey to get a wider range of answers. I think it was a really good idea especially to get a huge range of students because everyone’s different.

[Reply]

6. Dylan Konicek on May 11th, 2018 12:39 PM

A really well-written article, I loved the title and the fact that you had a survey for seniors. As a senior, I cannot wait to move on and go to college and start a new chapter in my life. Otherwise i really enjoyed your piece

[Reply]

7. Hannah Gibbons on May 11th, 2018 12:40 PM

I really enjoyed this piece, and I’m glad you had fun with it. I think all four years of high school was stressful for me, but especially senior year. I’m so ready for it to be over. I loved how short and simple this piece was.

[Reply]

8. Tony Ludwig on May 11th, 2018 12:51 PM

I really liked the wide array of responses and opinions this article had. Nice job!

[Reply]

9. Alina Burmistrova on May 11th, 2018 1:56 PM

Yes, the graduation time is so important for students. It is like an opening door to new life. The article is really liked by me, it is full of different opinions which make it “fresh”.

[Reply]

The Mirror intends for this area to be used to foster healthy, thought-provoking discussion. Comments are expected to adhere to our standards and to be respectful and constructive. As such, we do not permit the use of profanity, foul language, personal attacks, or the use of language that might be interpreted as libelous. Comments are reviewed and must be approved by a moderator to ensure that they meet these standards. The Mirror does not allow anonymous comments, and The Mirror requires a valid email address. The email address will not be displayed but will be used to confirm your comments.

If you want a picture to show with your comment, go get a gravatar.

*

Reflections of the SPASH Community
The tassel’s worth the hassle