Daily Dose

Wed., Sept. 5

National

According to CNN, former White House staff secretary and Supreme Court nominee Brett Kavanaugh’s confirmation hearing started amid cries from protesters yesterday. They were protesting Kavanaugh’s stance on abortion and Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, and Transgender (LGBT) rights. In total 70 people had to be escorted out of the public gallery.

Local

A tornado watch went through central Wisconsin because of the recent weather. According to National Weather surveys, there have been a total of 17 tornado touchdowns. No serious damage was done from any of these tornados. The tornado watch was completed on Tuesday, Sept. 4.

State

According to jsonline.com and tmj4.com, a previously missing three-year-old girl was recently found. Phoenix “Mariah” Dickens was taken by two men on Monday, Sept. 3.

The men left the scene in a sedan and a van and took Phoenix from North 62nd Street and West Hampton Avenue, where she lives. Phoenix was found outside the apartment buildings. Although Phoenix is safe, the two men are still on the run.

SPASH

Class meetings were held today. The purpose of these class meetings is to get students acquainted with their vice-principals and other school faculty members.

Shortly after the students sat down, Principal Jon Vollendorf addressed the students and introduced the faculty members. It was amazing how students applauded the vice-principals and the faculty members. An even bigger applause was heard throughout the room for the food department’s Brenda.

The students were addressed by the different panel of teachers about behavioral conduct. The Jostens yearbook representative presented a slide show about yearbooks and why they are important.