The Mirror

Let the countdown begin

By HANNAH SIEGEL

We all know what time of year it is. With only a few weeks left of school, everybody is anxious and ready to begin their summer.

This year’s seniors will have their last day on Thursday, May 25. The rest of the students at Stevens Point Area Senior High (SPASH) will finish Wednesday, June 6.

Students have many thoughts about the end of the year and when asked about the summer and the end of school here is what people had to say.

Junior Caitlin Miller said, “I can’t wait to be able to sleep in every single day!”

“I am really excited for the last week of school. Finals will suck but I can’t wait. I also can’t wait for all the parties in class,” junior Destiny Matuszak stated.

“I’m excited for the warm weather, kayaking with my friends and family, and all the campfires that I could possibly have,” Brenda Varga, food service cashier, said.

“This year was so much fun, I made a lot of friends and I can’t wait till next year,” sophomore Greta Turner-Zick said.

“I’m really excited for school to be over so I can work more, I’m excited to be earning a lot more money,” junior Tolya Zutz said.

“I’m excited for all the possible adventures that summer has to offer, you never know what will happen,” family and consumer’s science (FACS) teacher Brett Lesniak said.

Both staff and students are ready to leave, start sleeping in, spend more time with friends and family, and so much more.

However, there is still some time and with this, remaining opportunities to experience. Some fun activities for students include attending a wide range of sports games, music concerts, and graduation.

“I’m so excited to graduate from this school. It’s been a lot of work, it’s been stressful. Yes, I had some good times and made some great friends but I can’t wait any longer to get out,” senior Braydon Engebretson said.

“I’m really excited for the summer. I’ll be graduated and working all summer… I can’t wait to start school at Mid-State next year,” senior Bryanna Windsor said.

“This was my first year at SPASH. I made some good friends and I’m extremely excited to graduate. It’s been an interesting year and I’m ready to leave high school behind me,” senior Andromeda Brown stated.

With only a few days remaining students are advised to push through and finish their work. Nobody needs to be a super senior or start retaking classes now.

900 total views, 2 views today

9 Comments

9 Responses to “Let the countdown begin”

1. Dylan Konicek on May 21st, 2018 12:26 PM

I really liked the all the quotes in your story, it shows that everyone just wants to go and have fun during summer.

[Reply]

2. Kara Battaglia on May 21st, 2018 12:27 PM

Awesome job Hannah! As a senior, I can’t believe there are only 4 days left! I am very excited to graduate. I really liked how you got quotes from people from multiple grades!

[Reply]

3. Manuel Lupercio on May 21st, 2018 12:30 PM

I love all the comments you got from multiple people it really helped add a picture to the story. Nice article

[Reply]

4. Kacey Koch on May 21st, 2018 12:32 PM

I’m so excited to be done with school and it sounds like everyone else is too!!

[Reply]

5. Alyssa Schroeckenthaler on May 21st, 2018 12:34 PM

I am so excited for school to be over this year too! I liked the variety of quotes you got from everyone! This was a great last story for the end of the year. You are a really great writer! It was nice being in class with you this year!

[Reply]

6. Tony Ludwig on May 21st, 2018 12:45 PM

I like how diverse the quotes were! I’m not sure how I feel about the end of the year, but it was fun to read nonetheless.

[Reply]

7. Alina Burmistrova on May 21st, 2018 12:46 PM

Yes, wonderful time for seniors is coming and of course, everyone among them is madly waiting for it. The article is full of a looooooooot of opinions therefore it is interesting to read. Hey, seniors, your school year is almost over. Enjoy it!

[Reply]

8. Will Carroll on May 21st, 2018 12:48 PM

It was rad hearing other seniors thoughts about graduating, well done!

[Reply]

9. Alina Burmistrova on May 21st, 2018 12:51 PM

Hey, seniors, your school year is almost over. Start enjoying it! The door for future life is opening. I like article I’ve read. It has a loooooot of opinions and therefore it is interesting to read.

[Reply]

The Mirror intends for this area to be used to foster healthy, thought-provoking discussion. Comments are expected to adhere to our standards and to be respectful and constructive. As such, we do not permit the use of profanity, foul language, personal attacks, or the use of language that might be interpreted as libelous. Comments are reviewed and must be approved by a moderator to ensure that they meet these standards. The Mirror does not allow anonymous comments, and The Mirror requires a valid email address. The email address will not be displayed but will be used to confirm your comments.

If you want a picture to show with your comment, go get a gravatar.

*

Reflections of the SPASH Community
Let the countdown begin