The Mirror

Grad party of the year

By ALYSSA SCHROECKENTHALER

Many mixed emotions are released on graduation day. Goodbyes are exchanged and memories are made and shared. Before moving on, there is still one last party that seniors can celebrate together.

Project Graduation began in 1987 and is a chemical-free alternative where seniors can have fun with their friends on their special day. This year it is organized by Bonnie Bronk and Michael Blair.

It is on May 27 from 9:00 p.m. to 5:00 a.m. at SPASH. Tickets are $30 per person and this includes all activities, food and beverages. They will be sold in the South Commons during lunch from May 21 to May 24.

Free food and drinks will be served all night. There are also many prizes to be won. Some of the activities this year include the casino, the carnival in the gym (bungee jumping, blow up games, a DJ, pool table, etc.), bingo for cash prizes and a magician. The night will end with the famous hypnotist show in the auditorium.

Sophomores and juniors can also take part in Project Grad by working as volunteers at various stations. Jillian Keup, junior, is working the carnival this year. “I’m looking forward to helping make their experience fun and I’m hoping that next year the underclassmen will make our experience fun when we are seniors,” Keup said.

“I volunteered at Project Grad my sophomore year,” senior Kacey Koch said. “Watching everyone have so much fun gave me something to look forward to for my senior year.”

Fred Schroeckenthaler worked at Project Grad when his sons went to SPASH. “I worked the casino station at Project Grad in 2009 and 2011,” Schroeckenthaler said. “I really enjoyed it because I enjoyed seeing the seniors having a great time. It would’ve probably been the last time all the seniors were together in one function.”

“We just spoil them and really want them to have a good time,” Bronk said. “This event wouldn’t be possible without all the donations from the community.”

218 total views, 4 views today

9 Comments

9 Responses to “Grad party of the year”

1. Kara on May 21st, 2018 12:16 PM

Great article Alyssa!! This makes me even more excited for project grad, and you included great details! I really liked the quotes you gave also!

[Reply]

2. Dylan Konicek on May 21st, 2018 12:18 PM

I cannot wait until project grad after the ceremony. I did not realize how many activities are there for the students to do. Your story was well written and I loved the quotes

[Reply]

3. Alina Burmistrova on May 21st, 2018 12:23 PM

I like articles of this kind. It is informative and full of different opinions, including reporter’s, that tells us about importance of graduation party. Yes, it happens only once and I am glad that seniors have a great opportunity to hang out.

[Reply]

4. Alina Burmistrova on May 21st, 2018 12:25 PM

I like articles of this kind. It is informative and full of different opinions, including reporter’s, that tells us about importance of graduation party. Yes, it happens only once and I am glad that seniors have a great opportunity to hang out

[Reply]

5. Kacey Koch on May 21st, 2018 12:34 PM

I really am so excited to finally be a senior that can have fun at project grad! It’ll be a good way to end my senior year.

[Reply]

6. Alina Burmistrova on May 21st, 2018 12:37 PM

I like articles of this kind. It is informative and full of different opinions, including reporter’s, that tells us about importance of graduation party. Yes, it happens only once and I am glad that seniors have a great opportunity to hang out!

[Reply]

7. Tony Ludwig on May 21st, 2018 12:38 PM

Project Grad seems pretty fun. Although $30 is pretty expensive!

[Reply]

8. Manuel Lupercio on May 21st, 2018 12:43 PM

This was a very nice and short article giving all the right information needed to spark interest. Ive been helping with project grad since i was a sophomore and cant wait to attend it this year

[Reply]

9. Hannah Siegel on May 21st, 2018 12:50 PM

Project Grad seems like so much fun and I can’t wait to do it next year, however $30 is a lot.

[Reply]

The Mirror intends for this area to be used to foster healthy, thought-provoking discussion. Comments are expected to adhere to our standards and to be respectful and constructive. As such, we do not permit the use of profanity, foul language, personal attacks, or the use of language that might be interpreted as libelous. Comments are reviewed and must be approved by a moderator to ensure that they meet these standards. The Mirror does not allow anonymous comments, and The Mirror requires a valid email address. The email address will not be displayed but will be used to confirm your comments.

If you want a picture to show with your comment, go get a gravatar.

*

Reflections of the SPASH Community
Grad party of the year