Sit back and RELAX!

By DESTINY MATUSZAK

Have you ever had a really bad or stressful day and wondered what you can do to relax? There are so many options, yet most of them are time consuming. Don’t fear, there’s something out there for everyone, no matter your time constraints or physical abilities.

For many people, exercising can be a way to release stress at the end of the day. Yoga is one of the more popular and well-known ways to do this. Activities like going on a run or a walk, with pets if wanted can be beneficial. There are also other things like boxing and kickboxing.

“When I’m having a stressful day the best thing I can do for myself is put on my boxing gloves and go to town on a punching bag. But I also don’t mind just going for a short walk with my dog,” said Stevens Point Area Senior High (SPASH) student Kendra Lila.

On the other hand, some people find that it can be very relaxing to draw and/or color. When coloring you’re focusing on specific details and there’s no pressure to have it look a certain way, it’s whatever you make it. It can be very settling and exciting to complete a drawing or a color page. Another form of art that can be an amazing way to relax is to write or listen to calming music. Even just sitting down and watching a movie can help settle people down.

“At the end of a long, stressful day I love coming home and listening to my music. It’s the one thing that helps me get away from all my responsibilities and deadlines. With finals approaching I find this to be a part of my everyday routine,” said SPASH student Chelsey Wiza.

“When I have bad days and need to relax I find myself reading, writing, drawing or taking a nice hot shower. It also really helps that I have two amazing cats who love to play,” said SPASH student Tolya Zutz.

SPASH student Hannah Siegel said “When I’ve had a bad day and just don’t want to be around people anymore, I love just laying around cuddling my cat. Spending time with her is one of my favorite parts of the day! I personally believe animals are better comforters than people. Sometimes all you need is a good book and some snuggles from your pets.”

Common ways of relaxing include activities like napping, playing with pets, taking a long hot bath or shower and even just talking about one’s day. Sometimes expressing how the day went can really relax a person. It gets everything that happened earlier out in the open and puts anxieties in the past where they can be forgotten.