Changes in the cafeteria

DESTINY MATUSZAK, Reporter

SPASH kitchen staff member Brenda Varga

By DESTINY MATUSZAK

Most students have probably heard there are changes being made to the lunch and breakfast menu but for those who haven’t, don’t worry, here’s the scoop. The breakfast menu will be losing its cheese omelets, burritos and pancake wraps because there was too much being wasted last year. There will now be a featured item like a sausage breakfast burrito that’s made from scratch and then there will be other choices like the pizza and bagels.

The breakfast menu will be losing its cheese omelets, burritos and pancake wraps because there was too much being wasted last year. There will now be a featured item like a sausage breakfast burrito that’s made from scratch and then there will be other choices like the pizza and bagels.

On the other hand, there will soon be new snacks added to the lunch menu, specifically to the a la carte line. The additions are things like Belvita bars, both blueberry and cinnamon brown sugar, Kashi Trail Mix bars and Nature Valley Peanut Butter and Chocolate Granola cups. Each of these items is being sold for a dollar.

“Breakfast is being served from 7:00 a.m. to 10:45 a.m., while lunch is served from 11:15 a.m. to 1:00 p.m.” said Brenda Varga, of the Stevens Point Area Senior High kitchen staff. The a la carte line, however, is open from about 7:00 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. Monday through Friday.

Everyone has a different opinion about the changes, some of them were affected by it and others didn’t mind.  “I eat breakfast at school all the time, I did last year, too. The omelets were one of my favorite things to get. I’m sad to see them go,” student Braydon Engebretson said

“I eat breakfast at school all the time, I did last year, too. The omelets were one of my favorite things to get. I’m sad to see them go,” student Braydon Engebretson said

“It doesn’t bother me, I’ve never had any of them,” Caitlin Miller, another SPASH student, said.