The Mirror

A bombshell bandshell

By KACEY KOCH

On Thursday, May 17 from 11:15 to around 12:30 pm, the SPASH bands will be performing at the Pfiffner Park bandshell with the 9th grade Ben Franklin band. The performance is open to the public and free to attend.

A few of the songs that will be played at the bandshell include a Pink Floyd Medley, Video Games Live, and Mission Impossible (pep band style). Both of the SPASH bands will play alone and then combine to form a large ensemble.

I’m glad there will be excellent weather!” Brad Schmidt, band director, said excitingly. “It’s going to be a fun outdoor concert with the Ben Franklin students.”

Near the end of the concert, the SPASH bands will combine with the Ben Franklin band and play a few of the pep band songs that the ninth graders will play the following year for their first year at SPASH.

“It’s a really cool tradition that we’ve kept going for many years,” Rod Lawrence, band student, said. “It’s fun welcoming new students into SPASH to pursue their careers and it’s just a fun time all around for everyone.”

552 total views, 4 views today

10 Comments

10 Responses to “A bombshell bandshell”

1. Will Carroll on May 21st, 2018 12:13 PM

I think it’s really rad that the band kids get to perform outside of just concerts in the auditorium

2. Hannah Siegel on May 21st, 2018 12:17 PM

This was a good summary of the event. It’s a lot of fun and a great experience for the Ben kids because they get exposure to high school music.

3. Dylan Konicek on May 21st, 2018 12:42 PM

This concert sounds very cool and I wish I had attended it on my off hours during school. I think it is really neat how the SPASH band collaborates with the Ben Franklin band.

4. Kara Battaglia on May 21st, 2018 12:46 PM

Wow I wish I could have attended this! That is very cool that the bands collaborate together! It’s also neat how they get to perform at the bandshell rather than just inside the auditorium.

5. Tony Ludwig on May 21st, 2018 12:48 PM

I think I can speak for all band members by saying that the bandshell was the highlight of the year!

6. Alyssa Schroeckenthaler on May 21st, 2018 12:49 PM

This sounds so fun! I wish that the orchestra could do something like this too. I also wish I could’ve heard you guys perform since the band is always really good! I hope you continue to keep doing music through college since you are really good at it! Good luck with the future Kacey 🙂

7. Manuel Lupercio on May 21st, 2018 12:56 PM

I love attending the annual concert at the bandshell. Its great seeing a bunch of classmates perform songs and have fun with it which you normally dont see at school conerts.

8. Alina Burmistrova on May 22nd, 2018 11:35 AM

Very interesting and informative article. I am sure everyone, who visited it, had fun! 😀

9. Alina Burmistrova on May 22nd, 2018 11:36 AM

Very interesting and informative article. I’m sure, everyone who visited it had fun

10. Bryant VanRossem on September 4th, 2018 10:44 AM

This sound like a fun tradition between the schools.

The Mirror intends for this area to be used to foster healthy, thought-provoking discussion. Comments are expected to adhere to our standards and to be respectful and constructive. As such, we do not permit the use of profanity, foul language, personal attacks, or the use of language that might be interpreted as libelous. Comments are reviewed and must be approved by a moderator to ensure that they meet these standards. The Mirror does not allow anonymous comments, and The Mirror requires a valid email address. The email address will not be displayed but will be used to confirm your comments.

If you want a picture to show with your comment, go get a gravatar.

*

Reflections of the SPASH Community
A bombshell bandshell