Snow Club gearing up For winter weather

By EMMA SCHULFER

Stevens Point Area High School (SPASH) skiers and snowboarders are getting ready for this year’s snow season.

An informational meeting was recently held to enlighten the skiers and snowboarders about trips and prices to Granite Peak this year. Paula Perron and Max Rady both, SPASH math teachers, are in charge of SPASH Snow Club and conducted the meetings.

Trips will take place every Thursday starting Dec.14 through Feb.14. The buses for Granite Peak will leave at 3:10 p.m. from the flagpole by the student parking lots and will return approximately at 8:45 p.m.

The cost per trip is $26 and includes bus and lift tickets. Participants can rent skis or snowboard for an additional $6 and a helmet for another additional $6.

Perron said, “This is our second year for SPASH Snow Club. We had a club about seven years ago, but that one ended. Both Mr.Rady and I are second-year chaperones. We want to chaperone to get out and enjoy winter. Rady loves snowboarding and I love skiing. Both junior highs have had active programs. Natalie Emerson, a current junior, approached us last year to see if we wanted to get a club started.”

Rady said, “We usually take around 25 students per trip.”

Evan Schulfer said, “I joined Snow Club because it’s way cheaper than going to Granite Peak on your own, also a lot of my friends are in the club.”

Kaitlyn Brundidge said, “It’s a really awesome opportunity for students here at SPASH to learn new things and make new friends.”

Anyone with questions can contact either Perron at [email protected] or Rady at [email protected].