The Mirror

The Showing of Rogers Cinema

By BRYANT VAN ROSSEM

Stevens Point is a great city. It has been around for a long time and is always changing and adding more to the community. It full of small and large businesses and many activities but something that is truly amazing is the movie theater.

The movie theater, also known as Rogers Cinema, has two locations in Stevens Point. It is a great place because who doesn’t like movies? These theaters are great for the community because they help add a variety of activities to the city.

Rogers Cinema in Stevens Point has been around a while. The company has been around since 1972, but the theater was owned by another theater company before unable to provide a date the building was built in Stevens Point.

Rogers Cinema also has many events. Every year after prom they host morp after party. They also play private showings for schools like a movie of a book they read. And during trivia week they have the trivia movie.

Rogers Cinema is a clean and modern theater but a lot of people want to know if they will be upgrading their theater with dream lounger chairs system where people will have a reclining leather chair and can buy tickets to reserve seats for their party.

A lot of students believe the theater should not be upgraded to the dream lounger chair system. Four out of seven say no.  “It encourages people to sleep, “said Matthew Benton.

But after all of that six out of seven agree that the Rogers Cinema is a great activity to have in town with all that it provides for people to do.

“Top Secret” said a Rogers Cinema employee leaving people to wonder. But it may be in the future because not so long ago they had a trail chair out for people to try.

Rogers Cinema can get packed quickly when a new highly rated movie comes out, but some students only go “once a month”, “rare” or “not often” with Tyrese Dickerson a student at SPASH saying “never”

Some students’ favorite parts about the theaters are the big screens the theater has, how close by it is and that it’s “Nice to go with family and friends” Matthew Wollschlager. The reasonable price for drinks and snacks said, Morgan O’Keefe.

Rogers Cinema is a great activity to do in Stevens Point.  One of the many that help makes Stevens Point the city it is.

9 Comments

9 Responses to “The Showing of Rogers Cinema”

1. Soren Luther on January 9th, 2019 11:27 AM

Good job on your article! Rogers Cinema is a pretty great place to go and watch movies. It definitely helps get people out of the house and socializing with friends and families. Keep up the great work!

2. Hlee on January 9th, 2019 11:45 AM

I don’t go watch movies often, but my experience in the Rogers Cinema theater is awesome! I love the big screen and the snacks there are great.

3. Rachel Placeway on January 10th, 2019 10:46 AM

I think the story would have been a little stronger if you included so quotes from a primary source. However, I liked the comments from students and their thoughts on future additions to the theater.

4. Willow Kluck on January 10th, 2019 11:05 AM

Good article. The Rogers Cinema is a great place to go to. The movies they show are always good and fun to go to with family or friends.

5. Aiden Price on January 10th, 2019 11:13 AM

I love going here so much, probably one of my favorite places to see movies, if not my favorite. This article says a lot about it and taught me things about this theater I didn’t know

6. Madison Rindahl on January 10th, 2019 4:21 PM

I don’t go the the movies all the time but I think that if they did get the new chairs it would be better. The ones now are older and aren’t really the comfortable. I have always loved the feeling of going to the movie theater and watching a movie on the big screen. Really enjoyed reading the article!

7. Lauren Huebner on January 11th, 2019 7:54 AM

I like the dream lounger seats. I don’t feel like sleeping; they’re just more comfortable. Good interviews and quotes.

8. Maryann Silva on January 11th, 2019 8:50 AM

In my opinion, I would love them to upgrade the seats. I wouldn’t fall asleep id be just more relaxed. Great job on this piece Bryant.

9. Justice Chukwuemeka on January 11th, 2019 10:55 AM

I have been in Rogers cinema for movies I think are amazing. The theater is not bad at all but they could do better.

The Mirror intends for this area to be used to foster healthy, thought-provoking discussion. Comments are expected to adhere to our standards and to be respectful and constructive. As such, we do not permit the use of profanity, foul language, personal attacks, or the use of language that might be interpreted as libelous. Comments are reviewed and must be approved by a moderator to ensure that they meet these standards. The Mirror does not allow anonymous comments, and The Mirror requires a valid email address. The email address will not be displayed but will be used to confirm your comments.

If you want a picture to show with your comment, go get a gravatar.

*

Reflections of the SPASH Community
The Showing of Rogers Cinema