The Mirror

A teaching career conversation

By MARYANN SILVA

The Career Center is hosting a discussion about a profession in the teaching field on Wednesday, Dec 5.

The Career Center will be hosting Dr.Kristi Roth from the University Of Wisconsin-Stevens Point (UWSP). Roth leads the Masters of Education and Professional Development for the School of Education and serves as the department liaison for innovative instruction and directs the Innovation Space for the College of Professional Studies.

Roth will speak during both lunch hours. Whoever plans to attend they will have to sign up within the career center before Monday, Dec 3.

During school, the Stevens Point Area Senior High (SPASH) Career Center will be hosting a variety of different career conversations through the year. This gives students the opportunity to learn about the different jobs they may be looking into pursuing.

98 total views, 2 views today

8 Comments

8 Responses to “A teaching career conversation”

1. Justice Chukwuemeka on December 2nd, 2018 7:24 PM

Great article. This is a good opportunity for our aspiring teachers, Oh and my stepdad is also a professor in the College of Professional Studies at UWSP.

2. Willow on December 3rd, 2018 10:54 AM

Love the article. The career center is differently a great place to get information on a career you might be interested in. It is wonderful that they are holding this.

3. Bryant VanRossem on December 3rd, 2018 11:03 AM

Good article. it was very interesting.

4. Madison Rindahl on December 3rd, 2018 11:04 AM

Great job Maryann! It is important of future teachers out there to get more information on their career. Good information on when and where the meeting will take place. Keep up the great work!

5. Rachel Placeway on December 3rd, 2018 11:16 AM

Great topic! This is a great opportunity for students who are looking to pursue a career in the education field.

6. Hlee on December 4th, 2018 11:09 AM

Great job on the article. I love how here at SPASH, we have so many resources to help the students with their career choices. We have clubs for students who want to become a teacher in the future and for students who wants to be in the medical field.

7. Soren Luther on December 6th, 2018 10:47 AM

This seems like a good option for people interested in teaching! I think they should offer more discussions like this in order to help students and adults learn about different careers. Keep up the great work!

8. Lauren Huebner on December 6th, 2018 10:59 AM

As someone who wants to become a teacher, I wish I had gone. But luckily for me both my parents are teachers, so they answer questions I have. This seems like an excellent opportunity for students who don’t exactly know what they want to be.

The Mirror intends for this area to be used to foster healthy, thought-provoking discussion. Comments are expected to adhere to our standards and to be respectful and constructive. As such, we do not permit the use of profanity, foul language, personal attacks, or the use of language that might be interpreted as libelous. Comments are reviewed and must be approved by a moderator to ensure that they meet these standards. The Mirror does not allow anonymous comments, and The Mirror requires a valid email address. The email address will not be displayed but will be used to confirm your comments.

If you want a picture to show with your comment, go get a gravatar.

*

Reflections of the SPASH Community
A teaching career conversation