The Mirror

Bon Voyage!

By KARA BATTAGLIA

June 16 is a big day for 13 French students. They will leave for their two-week trip traveling to the northwest of France.

They will take a bus from Stevens Point to Minneapolis and take a direct flight to France.

This is the first time they are offering this trip. From the Stevens Point area, there are 13 girls going, but the group will meet with two other schools that will join them.

For one week, the group will be touring many places such as The Eiffel Tower, Centre Pompidou, Musee D’orsay, and many more. During the second week, students will stay with a host family and will be immersed in day-to-day life in France.

The host families are chosen through “Language and Friendship,” which is a family stay program which promotes global citizenship through quality educational programs.

Sophomore Lydia Miller said, “I’m very excited. I am afraid that I will not be able to speak French as well as I hope and that they will not understand me. I’m also afraid of meeting my host family.”

The students have been doing many fundraisers to save up money for this trip such as a Polito’s night, a garage sale, car wash, selling candy bars/cookies and Kwik Trip cards.

160 total views, 6 views today

8 Comments

8 Responses to “Bon Voyage!”

1. Kacey Koch on May 21st, 2018 12:20 PM

Sounds like fun! I’d love to go there!

[Reply]

2. Hannah Siegel on May 21st, 2018 12:24 PM

This sounds like a really fun trip, how much did the trip cost for the students attending?

[Reply]

3. Will Carroll on May 21st, 2018 12:26 PM

I think it’s really cool that these students get to enjoy the culture of France and a chance to use their skills in the real world.

[Reply]

4. Dylan Konicek on May 21st, 2018 12:33 PM

This trip sounds very exciting and fun for the students going. I too would be scared to meet my host family if I were to go on the trip. Otherwise, your article is well written and I enjoyed reading it as always.

[Reply]

5. Alyssa Schroeckenthaler on May 21st, 2018 12:41 PM

This sounds like an amazing trip! I would be really scared too about meeting a host family. But it would still be a really cool experience. Nice article! It was fun having a class with you Kara, good luck on the rest your studies in college!

[Reply]

6. Manuel Lupercio on May 21st, 2018 12:44 PM

I think this will be a great opportunity for those 13 students. Ive always wanted to travel and be in a host family to get a better understanding of a different culture other than the ones i know.

[Reply]

7. Tony Ludwig on May 21st, 2018 12:46 PM

I went on this trip last year and it was the best time of my life!

[Reply]

8. Alina Burmistrova on May 21st, 2018 1:51 PM

Oh. it is a great article! I would prefer France as a country for travelling. It would be awesome. And I am glad that SPASH students had an opportunity to go there.

[Reply]

The Mirror intends for this area to be used to foster healthy, thought-provoking discussion. Comments are expected to adhere to our standards and to be respectful and constructive. As such, we do not permit the use of profanity, foul language, personal attacks, or the use of language that might be interpreted as libelous. Comments are reviewed and must be approved by a moderator to ensure that they meet these standards. The Mirror does not allow anonymous comments, and The Mirror requires a valid email address. The email address will not be displayed but will be used to confirm your comments.

If you want a picture to show with your comment, go get a gravatar.

*

Reflections of the SPASH Community
Bon Voyage!