A night to remember

By ALYSSA SCHROECKENTHALER

The time is near to get those special dresses and suits. All students are welcome to attend Prom 2018. It’s the biggest dance of the year for juniors and it is just around the corner.

Prom will be on Saturday, April 28 from 7:30 p.m. to 11:30 p.m. at SPASH. Just a reminder that tickets will only be sold during lunch hours and not at the doors for security purposes. Also, remember to bring student IDs. Admission will not be granted without it.

Students cannot come after 9:30 p.m. or return after leaving.

The theme this year is called “Cafe de Paris.” Water and snacks will be provided for students. Like the other dances, a DJ will provide the music. Junior class president Jared Kort said, “We are hiring a new DJ for prom this year which should be exciting!”

Class president Jared Kort and prom planning committee member Paige Proctor work on details for the upcoming event.

Kort also posted a Google Form on the SPASH Class of 2019 Facebook page for song suggestions. Juniors who are a member of the page can submit songs they want to hear.

“I’m really excited for prom this year,” junior Abbey Rosenthal said. “As a younger sister, I saw how much fun my sister had at her junior prom, so I’m excited to finally experience it myself.”

Senior Jaycie Korth said, “It was really fun! I would highly recommend going because you’ll have a blast jamming with friends and making memories.”

“We couldn’t be more excited for prom,” Kort said. “We believe we will have good decorations and food and fun music to make for a memorable experience.”

While dances are a time to unwind and have fun, all school rules still apply. This includes no inappropriate dancing and removal of clothing. All clothes worn must be semi-formal or formal. Students who violate the rules will be removed from the dance.