Hygiene help for the homeless

By DYLAN TRIGG

SPASH is participating in the Help for the Homeless Hygiene Drive hosted by 88.5 FM Wausau/Stevens Point, taking place February 18 through March 11.

The most needed items are cleaning supplies, personal hygiene supplies, and paper goods.

The box to turn in the items is located in front of the North Office.

All of the items donated will stay in the school. People who receive the goods are students in the Stevens Point School District.

There were over 200 Stevens Point School District children that had to go through homelessness last year.

7 Responses to “Hygiene help for the homeless”

1. Kacey Koch on March 7th, 2018 12:58 PM

I think that this drive is very important to discuss and have known. I was very surprised by the amount of Stevens Point School District children that went through homelessness last year and just made me want to help more.

2. Alyssa on March 7th, 2018 1:06 PM

I cannot believe that many students went through homelessness. It’s nice that SPASH is participating. How did SPASH become a part of this program? Are other schools participating too?

3. Hannah Gibbons on March 7th, 2018 1:08 PM

Hey Dylan!
    I think covering this story was a great idea and will definitely attract some attention! I think the idea of this hygiene drive is really cool and I hope people will donate a lot of products.

4. Hannah Siegel on March 7th, 2018 4:32 PM

I liked your article, I didn’t even realize this was going on at SPASH. How long is it going on?

5. Kara on March 9th, 2018 12:20 PM

Wow, this was very informative! I had no idea that many children had to go through that! This is a great cause and I am so glad SPASH is participating.

6. Katie Hauer on March 14th, 2018 2:26 PM

200 seems like such a large number. It’s really sad.

7. Justice Chukwuemeka on September 4th, 2018 10:44 AM

I was flabbergasted to see the numbers of Stevens Point School District children that went through homelessness last year. Those numbers are alarming. It was a good omen for SPASH to get involved in this humanitarian program to help out the children. I thank the students that helped out. They did an amazing job with the donations.

Hygiene help for the homeless