The Mirror

Formal festivities ahead

By DYLAN TRIGG

SPASH Winter Formal is coming up on Feb. 17 in the SPASH gymnasium and the students cannot wait for the day to come.

People look forward to the day of the dance. It’s a time for the students to relax and let go of all their stress.

Auto/Tech teacher Corey Opper said, “The day of the dance is supposed to be a fun time for the kids and a time for them to be themselves with their friends.”

Opper also said that in high school he really liked the dances and is happy to see all the students enjoying them also.

Junior Jack Kelly said, “This dance should be tons of fun. I already have my outfit and planned who I am going with.”

Kelly said he was going with some of his friends and that he hopes that this dance is the best one yet. One criticism from him was that he said, “I hope the DJ plays better songs.”

The songs played at the dances range from country to rap and everything in between. They try to cover everything so everyone can get what they like.

Junior Brett Ehr who is part of Kelly’s group said, “I am most excited to go to dinner before the dance. I like being able to see everyone and talk.”

The town comes together on days like this. Everyone gathers to take pictures and after they eat together.

240 total views, 2 views today