European trip being planned

By MALLORY BUETOW

Ready to go to Europe? In July 2018 Stevens Point Area Senior High (SPASH) students will head to Europe to experience a trip of a lifetime. Germany, Poland and Czech Republic are the countries that will be visited.

The trip will last for 10 days.

Students have four options to enroll for the trip including online at www.eftours.com/1942203WY, by calling 1-800-665-5364, faxing enrollment information or mailing the enrollment form.

After enrollment, students who will still be in high school have the option to complete college credits. Students will have to pay $125 for three credits.

Round trip airfare, hotels, tour transportation, daily breakfast and dinner, walking tours, entrance fees to attractions, tour director and guided sightseeing tours are all included in the trip. The educational tour does not include lunches and beverages, optional excursions, or passports and visa fees.

Passports for first time applicants over the age of 16 are $135 and for those under the age of 16 it will be $105.

The 10-day trip is already planned so students can get an idea of what they will do while in Europe.

Day one consists of flying overnight to Germany. Then on day two and three students will take a walking tour of Berlin and will visit the Jewish museum and many other places.

Students get to take a train to Warsaw and tour the ghetto on day four and five. The POLIN Museum will also be toured while in Warsaw.

Next will be a visit to Krakow. This is the only major Polish city that was not destroyed during World War II. This left the architecture of its town intact.

On day six and seven Auschwitz and Birkenau will be viewed. Finally, the city of Prague will be the last to visit during the Europe trip. Prague was the former capital of the Holy Roman Empire. Students will also visit the Jewish Museum, Spanish Synagogue, the Golden Lane and many more parts of Prague.